Instagram

My Happy Pills Photography Travel

2/12: Burot Beach

February 28, 2015

I’m still recovering from the sleepless nights I had since Wednesday and I can’t believe that I had to go through all of that without even absorbing prior that I would! #lolwhut Anyway, I’m just glad that it’s all done and that it’s Saturday and I can blog again!

Speaking of which, last week was fun because I got reunited with the people who made college the best part of my life, in one of the most beautiful and serene beaches I’ve been to — Burot Beach! This is an achievement for me because I crafted the trip together with Naz (usually I just confirm and bring myself haha, and yay to my pledge to make my travel goals happen). This trip also slashed out my goal of surprising Ian on his birthday, so double yay! The preparations were more thorough because Burot is a remote beach in Calatagan, and there were no hotels for accommodation. We had to set up a camp!

We brought a tent and food to grill, because there are no restaurants as well!

The perks of having more boys in the group!

We had lunch first, and I felt like we were in the Fast and the Furious! Haha! I cut the meat into pieces because that’s all I can contribute, aside from setting up our dining table. You see, I’m very domesticated!

A quarter of the family reunited!

A quarter of the family reunited with the best spicy adobo ever!

We decided to go boating (I wouldn’t really call it island hopping because we were already in the island) which costed us just 150 bucks per person, inclusive of life vest and goggles! Our first stop was the sand bar, and it was where my jaw dropped.

It was so calm, and there were no waves at all! We literally walked in the middle of sea!

We enjoyed every bit of the experience and we were so in love with the view!

My favorite boys!

My favorite boys!

Our next stop was the starfish village. I’m not sure if that name is legit but even if it’s not, I’d still probably call it that. There were too many starfishes, it was like taking them out from a cabinet!

I was hesitant to touch them at first because even if they look adorable, realizing that they are breathing kind of freaked me out. My mind couldn’t ignore the idea of their tentacles suddenly moving!

It was at the third stop where we did the real swimming! This is crazy but it was my first time to snorkel! Haha! I was so amazed at how beautiful the coral reefs were, but was still so afraid with the sea though, because my feet could no longer touch the sea bed. I held on to Ian and Naz the whole time.

We took a rest when we get back from the boat ride. I watched the sunset of course, and jammed with Jessie while everyone’s asleep. I missed singing!

Bonfire night!

It was a quick getaway but it’s probably one of my favorites because the experience was different: we did camping which was my first time, and of course because I was with the best group of people ever. Several years have passed, and I’ve met a lot of new ones already but I can truly say that nothing compares to this bunch. We may not be complete and sure we miss everyone else but the world is pretty small and I know we will be reunited soon!

Anne
    March 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Hi! Cool trip! And your pictures look great! Okay here comes the basic photo questions: What’s your camera and how do you edit your pictures? Thanks!

March 22, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Hi, Anne! Thank you! I use my S4 for all of my photos, and VSCO to edit! :)

Christine P.
    March 25, 2015 at 7:58 AM

HI Yshy, were you able to get the name and contact number of your bangkero? :)

March 25, 2015 at 2:00 PM

Hi Christine! Ugh nope, we weren’t able to take note of that! But there are actually a lot of them there, just choose the one with the best rates :)

Chester
    March 27, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Your Burot Beach photos are way more fantastic!

March 28, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Hi Chester!! Nice to see you here! :) Aww hihi thanks a lot! Pero ang humble mo, yours is equally good!

Axelle Magbual
    March 30, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Hi, me and my friends are planning to go there. Is it clean? And what year did you went here? Thanks!

March 31, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Hi Axelle! I went to Burot just this February. The beach is clean and really, really nice, especially the sand bar. I’d have to warn you about the comfort rooms though! Define public! :)

B T Y
    April 12, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Hello, Ask ko lang if pwede mag rent ng tent? and how much? :)

April 12, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Hi! Yes pwede magrent ng tent, from what I know 400 ang rent per tent, and I think 2-3 people can fit inside :)

miles
    April 16, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Hi.. planning to go here this summer. Can i get the details of this resort and how much snorkeling?

April 16, 2015 at 11:47 PM

It’s actually an open resort. You can go there any time, you’ll just have to pay for the entrance fee which is like P130, if I remember correctly :) Snorkeling was part of our boating package which we paid for P120 per person.

Radd
    May 6, 2015 at 2:53 PM

hi. ask ko lang kung pwede magpareserve ng cottage or tent? were planning to go here this weekends.

May 6, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Hi Radd!! I think pwede! :) You just have to text the caretakers :)

luie
    May 11, 2015 at 10:19 PM

to all touris to going burot beach…. call or txt me 0936 622 3008 0908 237 2416 to more info..

Andrea
    May 12, 2015 at 1:43 PM

Hi! May cottages ba for rent? How much? :) Day tour lang naman plan namin

May 13, 2015 at 10:42 PM

No cottages but there are tents! If you plan to go on a day trip, may tables naman na for rent where you can put your things. Can’t remember exactly how much pero around 100-150 ata :)

luie
    May 13, 2015 at 11:29 PM

call or txt m for more info anouth burot beach….09366223008 09082372416

Kat
    May 26, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Love your blog about this :) btw, are they still pet friendly?

May 26, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Thanks Kat! Hmm about bringing pets I think low maintenance pets are okay :)

Kat
    May 27, 2015 at 6:33 AM

thank you! will definitely read more of your blogs!!!

May 27, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Thank you Kat! Yay! :)

Romeo Fortuno
    July 2, 2015 at 5:38 AM

ADVENTURE TO BUROT BEACH
    i’am sure you can enjoy
    the beautiful white sand
    the clean water
    you can relax the beautiful place
    Try it to Believe it
    just call or text ; kuya Romy
    to guide you any time you want
    or tricycle ride to burot beach
    Php 150 each good for 1 to 3 person
    from public market to burot beach
    contact # ; 09266452950

ruben balitaan
    September 1, 2015 at 9:54 AM

call or txt for info to burot beach 09997176599 kua ruben

Monique
    January 3, 2016 at 9:13 PM

Hi! Did you contact the island hopping guide before going to the beach, or were there people offering island hopping exp in the beach itself? How much did it cost per person?

Can i have their contact number if ever? Thank you so much!

January 5, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Hi Monique, we’ve coordinated with the guide while we we’re at the beach already. It costed us PHP120 each, inclusive of goggles and life vests :) We had three stops – the sand bar, the starfish area and the coral reefs area where we snorkeled. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to get the contact number of our guide, but you may try contacting the numbers in the other comments in this post too, for options :)

January 5, 2016 at 12:50 AM

Sorry the island hopping fee was PHP150 per person. I kinda forgot though if we negotiated for that rate because we were 7 :)

Monique
      January 5, 2016 at 2:30 AM

Oh okay okay. Thank you!

Jhoi
    January 26, 2016 at 10:30 AM

Hi Ms. Yshy :) I was just searching for “burot beach blog 2015” when I saw yours. Your photos were AWESOME. We’ll be there tomorrow and will celebrate my bday! yeyyy! ^_^

January 26, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Aww! Hi Jhoi! Thank you so much! Happy Birthday! Hope the photos made you more excited! :)

Richel V.
    February 16, 2016 at 11:35 AM

I didn’t know they were offering snorkeling! Di kami sinabihan ni kuya. I would’ve taken a dip in the middle of the ocean if I’ve known! Hahaha! Love your photos, Yshy!

February 16, 2016 at 11:20 PM

Haha ganuun, sayang! The corals were pretty! Although I didn’t go all out because I’m not that courageous lol I get scared when my feet can no longer touch the seabed!

gara
    February 25, 2016 at 3:31 PM

hi,
    question po. May nagbebenta po ba ng malinis na water dun?or you need to bring your own?
    thanks

February 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM

Hi Gara! From what I remember, we brought our own water. Pero may small sari-sari stores in the area naman and they also sell softdrinks :)

Kaye
    March 9, 2016 at 11:25 PM

Hi! Question lang po, kasi we’re planning to go there this holy week, open naman po ba sya anytime? Thanks!

March 10, 2016 at 10:13 PM

Hi Kaye! Yes, I think it’s open anytime, but expect that there’s going to be a lot of people camping on those days :)

ruby grace
    March 11, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Naghahanap akoactually ng mga blogs ng burot beach pero eto yung nagpasatisfied saken! :))

March 11, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Awww kakilig naman! Salamat Ruby Grace! <3

Sani
    March 23, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Hi YSHY, I just wanna asked if may alam kang way going to Burot from Manila. Commute-By bus. And if you have an idea what is the first and last trip vice-versa. Is there any grilling station available? And same rates pa rin ba like before? Planning to go there by tomorrow. Hoping for your immediate response. Btw, your photos are fantastic! I love it. :)

March 23, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Hi Sani!

For the commute, sorry I haven’t tried going there via public transport. But since you asked, I tried looking up on the net and there’s a terminal in EDSA Pasay near Kabayan Hotel where you can ride a van going to Calatagan Market (fare is PHP180). From there, you can ride a tricycle to Burot Beach which costs PHP50 :) if by bus, you can ride the Celyrosa Bus going to Calatagan and then ride a tryc from there. (Source: http://twomonkeystravelgroup.com/2015/05/diy-travel-guide-series-overnight-camping-burot-beach-batangas/)

My friends and I brought a grill when we went there, not sure if there are ones for rent there but I suggest that you bring nalang din. Not sure also if the rates are still the same, but if not, I’m guessing the rates would increase for a minimal amount only :)

PS – I have a feeling there’s gonna be a lot of people there since it’s the holidays! Thanks for the compliment, and for visiting my blog :)

Sani
    March 24, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Thank you so much YSHY! I am also expecting na madameng tao this holiday, but how I wish makkapag-enjoy padin kame! Lol. This blog is the most updated one that I saw, with that I can say that this one is very helpful! Thank you for all the informations. Have a safe travel ahead! God bless. :)

March 24, 2016 at 5:27 PM

You’re welcome and thanks too! :) Have a safe trip!

Kat
    March 31, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Hello! :) Nag dala pa ba kayo ng tent or mag rent kayo? :) Salamat. :)

April 1, 2016 at 12:33 AM

Hi Kat! Yes nagdala kami ng tent :)

Kat
    April 2, 2016 at 6:15 AM

Thaaaank you! :) Excited ns akong mag punta next week. :)

April 4, 2016 at 2:03 AM

Have fun! <3

Raysan
    April 4, 2016 at 1:04 AM

Hi Yshy! We’ll go there this weekend and your photos are great, it made me more exited. :-) Anyway, just want to ask if safe naman sa lugar kase dalawa lang kami na pupunta? Thanks.

April 4, 2016 at 2:03 AM

Hi Raysan! Thank you so much! And yes, it’s safe naman! You’d be surprise with how many people you’ll encounter at the beach, haha! A lot of people started to camp during the night when we were there, so di naman nakakatakot :) Have fun!

Lorraine
    April 18, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Hi Ms. Yshy, ask ko lang po if meron kame dun marerent na Grill? :) Thanks po

April 19, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Hi Lorraine, for the grill I’m not sure kasi we brought our own :) 88 pesos lang sa Daiso! Haha

Jeng
    May 5, 2016 at 6:31 PM

What about cr po? Incase na pangangailangan meron ba?and.kapag pauwi may pangbanlaw bang tubig na available

May 6, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Hi Jeng, meron naman CR but medyo di lang maayos siguro when it was my turn to use. Haha! Yes, may pang banlaw naman, may mga tabo and timba din :)

Nix
    May 24, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Hello Ms. Yshy were planning to go camp in Burot beach this May 28. All girls kami. Is it safe naman po ba? Thanks.